[BW-LU] Afro Bull dans ta gueule

Pages: [1]

caca mou

• Membre
  • 4146 posts
04 juillet 2012, 23:06
Salut à tous, j'ai récemment atteint la place de premier en LU sur PO, juste après la sortie de BW2 et tous les changements que ça apporte aux metagame. Je sais que vous êtes pas forcément anglophones, mais j'ai décidé de poster ma team ici en plus des forums PO, parce que vous connaissez pas forcément bien le metagame et que voilà j'ai passé pas mal de temps dessus.

J'ai un peu la flemme de traduire donc je livre cash, j'espère que ca vous intéressera quand même! (mes deux autres RMT, en OU ou UU, sont aussi sur PO, je peux vous filer le lien voire le mettre ici si vous voulez, mais je les ai fait avant de m'inscrire sur PT par contre)

Hey guys.

First of all, i would like to remind you im not english. So please dont be too rude about the inavoidable mistakes.

I managed to get to the first LU place a bit after BW2 got out. The metagame is already changing very fast (Nidoqueen is back, new abilities etc) and I am very happy i could finally make it before my team must be remade. So please don't forget this team is tailored for BW LU metagame, and yes, i know Nidoqueen shit on it very hard, but she was UU at that time. Also, unlike i did before posting my OU and UU teams, and because of the metagame shift, i am posting the RMT very fast without holding the first place for a long time nor improving my stats.

Spoiler

As always, i play with only one team per metagame, changing it as the metagame change, modifying it bit to bit, till i can make it to the first place. being a very middling tier taking NU bans and UU drops, LU knew a lot of major changes, with the bans of Nidoqueen, Moltres, Honchkrow, and the metagame changes a lot, so i had to change the team a numerous times. Posting a teambuilding process would take long and wouldn't be this much accurate. Like ever, i work on my sets alone.

Enough with the babbling, lets do it!

For those who know me, i play balanced as my best bet to get to high ranks. a defensive core of 3 pokes, and 3 offensive ones, thats the way i love playing. So you could call this team a balanced trick room team. The idea is to setup the toxik spikes and SR in a very classic way, and abuse the Misdreavus/Steelix/Drapion defensive core to find the opportunity to set up trick room with Slowking. By then, you can abuse the 5 turns and the sheer power of Slowking, Bouffalant and Druddigon to tear holes in the opponent team. This team is very well rounded, with very few repeated weaknesses and lot of immunities. The only double weaknesses are ground/fighting and ghost, all covered by at least one immunity.

Slowking (F) "Oyster" @ Life Orb
Nature : Quiet
Ability : Regenerator
252 HP, 252 Spatk, 4 Def

- Surf
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Trick Room

Since the ban of Nidoqueen and Honchkrow, Slowking have always been the first used pokemon in LU. And you get to understand why : bulky, punchy, fantastic ability and very cool hat. Using the most used pokemon doesnt mean you use a common set. In fact, Trick Room is quite rare on Slowking, in fact it is quite rare in LU. But this allow Slowking to be one of the fastest pokemon around here. The very nice thing with slowking is that it can fill many roles : even offensive, it can check Entei fairly well, and regenerator allow him to setup trick room multiple times. Surf is the stab move of choice, dealing HUGE chunks to pokemon, and basically 2koing every non resisting pokemon after SR. Psyshock is another stab, a very nice addition to a special sweeper, since this clean ko Cryogonal for example. Flamethrower gives a nice coverage slot, being better than Grass knot imo. The EVs are very simple, since this is a non mixed attacker pokemon : all in HP and Spatk, minimum speed. The best bet to this Slowking is Slowking itself, the only pokemon resisting all the moves in LU. Luckily, my team covers it pretty well.

Drapion (F) "Scorpinus" @ Black Sludge
Nature : Careful
Ability : Battle Armor
252 HP, 252 Spdef, 4 Spe

- Toxic Spikes
- Crunch
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

Drapion came down from UU the month Honchkrow went up. I have been using it since then. This thing is a mixed bag of awesomeness. If i see a team with majority of grounded pokemon and no poison pokemon (like 70% of LU teams), i know my win chance is increased by 3. Just setup Toxic Spikes, even if that means you lose your Drapion, but get them. And abuse the team resistances and immunities to see the opponent slowly lose his pokemon and finally ragequit. Whirlwind allow me to abuse even more the T-Spikes and pair with Taunt to avoid setup. Crunch deals respectable damages and allow Drapion to be one of the best Uxie check in the LU metagame, renforced by the fact that Drapion carry Black Sludge, so Tricking a choice scarf is not the good idea.

The Evs are quite simple : Full spdef and HP allow Drapion to take special hits very nicely, and transform Drapion in a very nice mixed wall, with its 110 base defense. 4 speed evs allows Drapion to always outspeed classic Uxie and Bulk Up Gallade. Battle armor is a very nice ability to have on a support pokemon, since i always know if i can take a hit or not.

Bouffalant (M) "Hey Bob" @ Leftovers
Nature : Careful
Ability : Sap Sipper
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spd

- Substitute
- Megahorn
- Afro Break
- Earthquake

Here it is, the manliest, the coolest pokemon in the game. Just looking at it, you want to use it. Even if it is NU (and i use it in my NU team also), it just fits my team too well. Sap Sipper is a fucking great ability in this metagame, filled with Grass types, notably Rotom-C, Sceptile, Sawsbuck and Lilligant. It also basically gives a Sleep immunity to my team. As for Slowking, the Evs are quite simple : Full attack and HP, the slowest way possible.

Substitute allows me to absorb status and weak attacks, since this Marley dude take neutral hits like a champ, and it doesnt need 4 attacking slots to succeed. It also allows it to succeed outside of the Trick Room. Afro Break is the best move in the game, just imagine this thing running into you, crushing you with its hairs! Quite criticized, normal is a nice Stab to have, and Afro Break gives a very powerful move with little downside (1/4 recoil is not a lot, with that much HP). Earthquake gives a very nice coverage for the steel and rock types, and Megahorn is the second best move in the game : this bull can choose between hitting you with its hairs or horns! The levitating ghosts are a problem, but i can still deal with it because Afrobull is pro. You can also notice this Bull is so manly it is the only male of my team (i usually pick female to avoid those idiots gimmicky Attract pokemons)

Steelix (F) "SneakyFace" @ Leftovers
Nature : Sassy
Ability : Sturdy
252 HP, 252 Spdef, 4 Def

- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Rest

I was first using Gligar, but then it was banned, and i found Steelix the ideal replacement, offering a better set of resistance and a better offensive presence, to the cost of a reliable healing way. This is my Physical wall, the best KlingKlang counter in the metagame, taking hits like nothing etc etc. I can setup Stealth Rock, and still maintain a good offensive presence with Gyro Ball and Earthquake, 2 moves that offer a very good coverage. In the last Slot, Rest may seem a bit weird, but i like it since i can pair it with Misdreavus Heal Bell, and surprise an opponent. Even more, it allows Steelix to beat Rotom, weirdly enough. (Gyro ball break substitute, and unless 2 spdef drop, rotom will never take me down in more than 3 hits).

The Evs are very easy to guess, Full Hp and Spdef, because Steelix is so good on the physical side it doesnt really need more Evs. Spdef allows Steelix to take non super effective special hits very nice. Even if not as manly as Bouffalant, Steelix is not bad on the virility side.

Druddigon (F) "Failed Art" @ Leftovers
Nature : Adamant
Ability : Rough Skin
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spe

- Outrage
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Rest

Im a bit overcentralized with manly pokemons, but i want to say, if the art was a bit improved, this could be one of the most impressive and virile pokemon around. Though, this thing is a nice failed dragon, working very well in trick room, and packing a lot of sheer power. Outrage fuck the pokemon world, Superpower takes on all the steels around, and Sucker Punch give my team a welcomed Priority. In the last slot, Rest allow me to play as a second chance, paired with Heal Bell. I used Earthquake instead of Rest, but the coverage is not very important when you have the immense power of Outrage alongside Superpower.

The Evs are the same as bouffalant, full Atk and HP, except i weirdly use the 4 speed EVs, because i want to outspeed with others Druddigon outside Trick Room, and its already slow enough to outspeed anything in Trick Room anyway.

Misdreavus (F) "Miss Will-O" @ Eviolite
Nature : Bold
Ability : Levitate
252 HP, 232 Def, 24 Spe

- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Heal Bell

Last but not least, Misdravus is the pivot of my team. Even NU, she is so useful to my team i could think of another pokemon. If Bouffalant is the manliest pokemon, Misdreavus is the cutest pokemon, because she is nice but not ridiculously KawaïIIIIIIIII. It blocks the spinners, and beat every of them besides the rare foresight Hitmonchan. Heal Bell to allow my Steelix and Druddigon to rest, and Will-O-Wisp cripple the pokemon T-Spikes wont touch. Shadow ball still hits hard and offer good neutral coverage. Finally, Pain split is a non reliable but yet effective way to heal and annoy the opponent.

The Evs are classic : Full def to take the hits the best way you can with eviolite, and 24 spe to outspeed Uxie and Gallade.

So this is it! I am happy i shared my team with you. LU was the hardest tier to perform for me, because of its frequent modifications and tier changes. Thats also why i love it. But still, i admit i had way more trouble to make it to the first place. You have here a very nice team, and even if you may need some changes to use it after BW2, it will certainly allow you to get to the first page in no time.

Only NU and Uber to go!

Have a nice day,

FlapiFlapo

Spoiler
Oyster (Slowking) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Trick Room

Scorpinus (Drapion) (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Crunch
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

Hey Bob (Bouffalant) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Substitute
- Head Charge
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

SneakyFace (Steelix) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Rest

Failed Art (Druddigon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Rest

Miss Will-O (Misdreavus) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

Vinc'

• Membre
  • 3111 posts
04 juillet 2012, 23:51
LU c'est bien le RU-like de PO ?

Sinon je connais pas du tout le tier donc c'est dommage, je te fais confiance sur le "c'est une bonne team"

Ivy Maital

• Membre
  • 13331 posts
05 juillet 2012, 00:46
Je connais pas grand chose au tiers, mais il me semble que je l'ai vu cette team (par contre tu as pas du me capter), et elle fait bien le boulot!

Mini point de détail, mais ça serait pas bien de jouer Steelix avec O Iv speed? Vu que tu as Gyroballe et la TR  :hum:

caca mou

• Membre
  • 4146 posts
05 juillet 2012, 08:53
LU c'est bien le RU-like de PO ?

Sinon je connais pas du tout le tier donc c'est dommage, je te fais confiance sur le "c'est une bonne team"

Oui c'est le RU de PO, le tiers est assez semblable, car les bans ont été assez égaux sur PO et Smogon.

Ivy : Ah j'ai ptet pas fait gaffe à qui je jouais^^ Steelix a bien 0iv Speed, j'ai juste oublié de le mettre

Oui c'est con que vous connaissiez pas le tier, je m'y attendais un peu en même temps. Je vous conseille d'essayer, c'est vraiment le tier le plus fun à jouer je trouve. Les changements de metagame sont très fréquents, vu la position intermédiaire entre les classiques UU et NU et l'inexistence relative d'une BL2 (donc en gros si un pokemon est ban du NU ca part en LU, si un pokemon redescend d'UU ca part en LU). C'est un tier pas très facile ou beaucoup de types de team peuvent faire des bons scores en tout cas.

Vvn Niger

• Membre
  • 17725 posts
05 juillet 2012, 14:23
Je suis à l'origine très intéressé par ce tier ( je n'aime pas l'OU ) mais il faut acquérir les bases, et les guides RU ne courent pas les rues de ce que j'en ai cherché.

Rebiatan

• Membre
  • 605 posts
05 juillet 2012, 17:35
Je ne connais pas le tier.  :boogyfr:

Only NU and Uber to go!
T'oublie le LC.  :huhu:

Si tu va en Uber, interdiction de jouer Kyogre.

caca mou

• Membre
  • 4146 posts
05 juillet 2012, 21:26
Je ne connais pas le tier.  :boogyfr:

Only NU and Uber to go!
T'oublie le LC.  :huhu:

Si tu va en Uber, interdiction de jouer Kyogre.

J'ai dit ça parce que si je me débrouille en Uber (page 1) et en NU (top 10), j'ai du gagner moins de 3 games en LC. Je pige pas pourquoi, mais je suis tres mauvais à ce truc. Peut être parce que j'insiste à vouloir utiliser porygon

Vvn Niger

• Membre
  • 17725 posts
05 juillet 2012, 22:25
En parlant de tiers inconnus, vous avez des liens pour apprendre à jouer Middle Cup ?

Efferalgan

• Membre
  • 4020 posts

valentin buck

• Membre
  • 20862 posts
06 juillet 2012, 10:14
Les Pokémon qui ont évolué une fois et qui doivent encore évoluer ?

Vvn Niger

• Membre
  • 17725 posts

Pages: [1]    En haut ↑